Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yes, I do know what day it is...

Thursday the 8th was the last blog post, and though I originally set out to post daily, I'm coming to the understanding that not all things are possible within my waking hours. That being said, I won't be deterred from my original goal of 365 posts. It just may take me longer then one year to get there! Today I wanted to show you a shot from a Christina and Corbin's wedding this weekend. They were so much fun and I just loved working with them. I'll have more from their wedding later next week and from a few other sessions I've been busy with. In fact tomorrow I'll going to show you some simple manipulations on this image that Brides and Grooms love (but I think are cliche' and annoying- but I do them anyways. It's all about the Benjamins...)


While I'm discussing my calendar of events for the blog, here's what's coming up:
One of the wonderful people following my blog asked about shooting indoors, so I'll be posting information on that also. And for anyone looking to get into the wedding business, I just finished up the Northwest Bridal Showcase and later this month will be at the Lynnwood Wedding Expo. Once those are completed I plan on discussing a few of the in's and out's of photographing weddings and the business behind it. If you have questions ask now and I'll try to answer any them in that post. Those are my mini goals (working towards that new years resolution stuff).

Also, I'd love to see your photos. Show me your favorite photo you've done indoors and describe how you did it. Flash, window light, slow shutter speed, anything goes as long as it's inside and something you want to share. The best way to do this is post your images to flikr, facebook, or any other site you may be using and post a link in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. Problem is all my good ones were taken outside! :) I'll see what I can come up with since I need HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...here's one I like...I love the look on my son's face. This was taken with my Nikon D40, with the kit lens. Oliver was in front of a window sitting in a chair (while I was trying to make sure he wouldn't fall out) covered with black fabric. I uploaded it to flickr, which makes it really obvious how much of a beginner I am!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/46305719@N07/4272709007/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mandy
    When you say kit lens which one are you talking about? And flickr is nothing to be ashamed of. Pros use it all the time. I myself plan on posting to it eventually, just have to get some free time to do it. Maybe in March I might have a moment of peace and quiet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was the 18-55mm lens that came with my camera. The 35mm f/1.8 prime lens is on my birthday list. I'm not sure there is a such thing as peace and quiet with three kids (I have three kids too...10 yr old, 9 yr old, and 1 yr old...never a dull moment)

    ReplyDelete